leaderboard adsense

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Manchester United signs Bailley

By Olatosimi Fadahunsi.




Manchester utd have beaten off competition from other suitors to secure the signing of highly rated ivorian defender, Eric Bailly.

The former villareal defender, who was part of the ivorian side that won the AFCON 2015 was signed for a fee in the region of £30 million though subject to a work permit, the club have confirmed.

The 22-year-old has penned a four-year contract with the option for a further two years, and becomes Jose Mourinho first signing

Talking to Manchester utd's official website on joining d club, Bailly said: "it is a dream come true to be joining manchester utd. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do."

He added: " I want to progress to be the best I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life."

Mourinho added: "Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.

"We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfil his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development."

No comments:

Post a Comment